When selecting a company to install, service or maintain your home heating and cooling system, or to provide indoor air quality solutions, look for:
- A company that is licensed (as required by state law) and insured. They should also apply and pay for all required permits to work on your premises.
- A company that backs up its installation recommendations with supporting data. This includes a free, comprehensive, on-site evaluation of your heating and cooling systems, with an assessment of your duct work, electrical, chimney, venting, gas or oil service and heat loss calculations. A thorough assessment by a trained expert will guarantee that you get the right size and model for your home and that you get no surprises when it comes time to pay the bill.
- A company that offers both installation and service. Many heating and cooling companies handle new installations only. This means you’ll have to another company that may be unfamiliar with your systems for maintenance.
- A company that offers preferred service (such as preferential A/C service when the hot days of summer arrive) with cost-effective annual maintenance contracts.
- Last, but not least, a company that has been in business for many years and has trained, licensed, experienced technicians and staff.